Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crochet a neckline -- I LOVE THREADBANGER!

I've been up since 9:00 this morning looking for some inspiration for my next project. Of course, Threadbanger is one of my all time FAVORITE places to find inspiration for my type of budget and I've decided on my next project!





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4fVD5Ryku4&feature=PlayList&p=BF38ACEA9D58801A&index=16

Its such a lovely idea! I actually had a men's golf polo that's a really pretty summer yellow color, but I think I'm going to make a babydoll dress or something out of it because its got this fancy texture to it (probably for wicking). So this project will do for now, and I love the idea of turning t-shirts into "yarn". Gotta go pick out my materials! I'll post it when I'm done.

p.s. I GOT MY INTERNSHIP WITH TARGET!!! I am OH so excited about it!


My coworkers from Dillard's got me a necklace by Liz Claiborne that I've been wanting ever since it came in!!! Sort of a going away present/congratulations on the internship.






---EDIT!---


Couldn't really find a cute t-shirt I wanted to try this on, so I just used a regular green t-shirt. Also, I couldn't find a crochet needle anywhere in my house for the life of me so I used a latch-hook needle instead, and I actually found it a lot easier! So in the spirit of youtube, I made a video for youtube as well with my finished product! I also took a picture while I was doing it and I'll post that, because you can't really see the details in the video.



That felt a little ridiculous. haha




No comments:

Post a Comment